The Clean and Green Award
This award is focusses on what steps are taken to actively reduce negative environmental impact and enhance environmental sustainability within a business. You should be able to demonstrate internal practices which promote and support the protection and/or improvement of the environment.
Judges will be looking for evidence of excellence in:
• Business waste management whereby waste has been significantly reduced or waste recycling increased.
• Progress towards zero or lower carbon emission operations.
• innovative and creative ideas for environmental practices within the business
• Use of raw materials from sustainable sources
• Reduction or savings of energy and water usage
The Judges will also give credit for evidence of positive, value adding results that make innovative use of otherwise wasted products, for example, the use of previously regarded waste products into a new useful product.
Imagine a home that is cool in the summer and warm in the winter, a home that doesn’t cost the earth to heat or cool on extreme weather days. A home that feels serene the moment you walk in, emanates that feeling of healthy fresh air and is damp and mould free. Sounds like a dream home, but you don’t know where to start? Cosy Homes Oxfordshire is here to help.